CLASSES ARE OFF LEASH FOR SOCIAL & OBEDIENCE SKILLS
Dog Obedience Classes
While we teach all the essential obedience behaviors in our off leash dog training classes, that’s only the beginning.
You’ll learn how to get your dog to come when called and stay with you performing all the newly learned skills. All while off leash among dog friends in the classroom. Fluctuating between play time with friends to working with mom and dad is how we get the these unparalleled results.
We guarantee there’s no other program in the Minneapolis area that teaches these skills the way we do. And we do it all using fun and play!
A FULL DOG TRAINING PROGRAM
We Guide You To A Go Anywhere Dog
Our dog training class curriculum is designed to be accessible to anyone – whether you’ve trained other dogs in your life or this is your first. Step by step we guide you through our class series. If you attend each weekly class and make an effort to do the weekly homework, we guarantee you’ll have spectacular results.
And we got you, pinky promise!
Each class includes the Go Anywhere Dog eCourse, guiding you step by step with everything you need to know, weekly emails with a class recap and your homework, and a Private FB Community with unparalleled support via LIVE Q&A’s and contests to keep the human end of the leash motivated.
We love what we do…and it shows!
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
Let’s build confidence and strengthen impulse control! In Life Skills 101 we install our foundational obedience behaviors on “easy” mode: touch, spin, twirl, peekaboo, sit, down, leave-it, and stay. You’ll learn how to recognize and understand your pup’s stage in development, as well as how to handle problem behaviors like counter surfing, jumping up, and pulling on leash.
The training wheels are coming off! We take all of the behaviors you learned in Life Skills 101 and start making them more reliable. We also teach “by my side,” AKA the GAD version of heel. By this time, many dogs are entering “adolescence” aka PUBERTY! (Ew.) We’ll tell you everything you need to know to save your sanity and tame those big teenager feelings.
This is impulse control on steroids! We work to perfect all of your behaviors so that they’re dependable in day-to-day life. We’re not joking when we say you’ll be able to call your dog to you through a literal tunnel of hamburgers and ask your dog to stay even while you leave the room.
If you’ve passed Life Skills 101 or beyond, you’re able to practice your GAD skills out in the wild! Come along with us as we visit breweries, dog parks, and the busy bandshell and trails of Lake Bde Maka Ska. We’ll teach you tips and tricks for every type of outing, and show you that you don’t need to be afraid to bring your dog out and about. Afterall, you’ve got a Go Anywhere Dog!
Dogs over 16 weeks
Life Skills 101 Dog Obedience ClassSINGLE CLASS OPTION
Social and Emotional Topics such as:
- Reading dog body language
- Understanding adolescence and social maturity
- Providing adequate exercise and enrichment
- Strengthening impulse control and attention span
- Handling jumping up & counter surfing
- Confidence building
- Lay a foundation for: Leash walking skills, Come when called, Spin & Twirl, Peekaboo, Sit, Down, Leave It, Stay
Life Skills 101 Dog Obedience ClassesFULL CLASS PACKAGE
Everything in Single Class Option+++
- Life Skills 101 (5 consecutive weeks)
- Life Skills 201 (5 consecutive weeks)
- Life Skills 301 (5 consecutive weeks)
- Four Life Skills Outing Classes
- Two 30-min zoom consultations with Jody or Emily
- One make-up class per class level
- VIP Priority class registration
- Optional Puppy Nanny upgrade, where we’ll pick up your pup and take him to class for you!
Convenient Dog Training Classes Location in South Minneapolis, MN.
Frequently Asked Questions
Every level is taught off-leash. For real. We separate our classes by size and play style so everyone can get in on the fun, and your dog learns how to focus on you no matter what. We also bolster your classroom learning with:
- Our proprietary online eCourse
- Weekly homework series
- Private Facebook support group
- Weekly LIVE Q&A sessions with your Dog Life Coaches
- Monthly motivational giveaway contests
- Dog Class report cards to track your dog’s progress
- You can sign up for an individual 5-week class for $169, but we recommend checking out our full class packages. By committing to our entire program, you get lots of extra perks including but not limited to:
- One-on-one private Zoom consultations with your Dog Life Coach.
- One free make-up class per level
- Access to the class times that work best for you with VIP registration
- Access to our Puppy Nanny, who will pick up your pup and take him to class for you. (Additional cost applies.)
Life happens! Clients who have purchased any of our class packages are eligible for one free make up session per level. They can also call on one of our dog nannies for an additional fee. We will pick up your dog and take him to class, where an experienced trainer will bang out reps and give him lots of lovin’. If you have registered for a single class only, we offer make-up sessions when available for an additional $25. If all else fails, you’ll still be able to complete the work at home thanks to our weekly homework and class recap emails.
Five weeks! Try your best to schedule your classes around your dog’s spay or neuter surgery. Each dog training class is important!
Each class is 45 minutes long. Over the years, we’ve found that 45 minutes is the sweet spot for class length. Your dog is guaranteed to go home tired, but he won’t be overworked. We’re working around your pup’s developing attention span, and ensuring that he enjoys his time in class.
We offer classes Monday through Friday with class start times ranging from 4:30-7:30PM.
Yes. Age appropriate vaccinations are required, but that doesn’t mean your puppy needs his entire vacation series to be complete. Puppy class is so important to your dog’s overall health and wellbeing that it outweighs the minimal risk of catching something in class. Please read what the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior has to say about attending puppy classes before your puppies vaccinations are complete.